MHACC Banner
This is the Official Web Site for the Marine Hills, Federal Way, WA Community
Site Navigation: Skip Navigation LinksMHACC Home Page > FAQ General > Decks
Skip Navigation Links.
Question: Do I need to get permission by the MHACC to replace a deck?
Answer: No, provided it is of similar or better quality, does not exceed the size and height of the current one, does not impact on the current view of neighbors and is of a quality consistent with the owners and neighbor’s residences and yards.

Question: Do I need to get permission by the MHACC to construct a new deck?
Answer: Yes, taking into consideration:
(1) It does not violate your covenant and including setbacks (decks are considered part of the residence structure) and/or city codes.
(2) It does not block, as in substantially reduce, a natural view such as the sound or forest land of any neighbor from inside their home regardless of the level in the house, or on their decks.
(3) A City of Federal Way building permit is required and can be issued after approval is given by the MHACC.
Copyright © 2011 Marine Hills Architectural Control Committee