MHACC Banner
This is the Official Web Site for the Marine Hills, Federal Way, WA Community
Site Navigation: Skip Navigation LinksMHACC Home Page > FAQ General > Fences
Skip Navigation Links.
Question: Do I need to get permission by the MHACC to replace a fence?
Answer: No, provided it is of similar or better quality. Fences are expected to be of a quality consistent with the owners and neighbor’s residences and yards. Chain link fences are not permitted regardless whether they are a replacement or new fence.

Question: Do I need to get permission from the Architectural Control Committee (MHACC) if I want to construct a new fence?
Answer: Yes, taking into consideration: Fences on the street side shall not exceed 36 inches in height. Side and rear fences can be built up to the property line. However, permission for them is generally restricted to their not extending beyond the minimum residence setback line although there are exceptions in special cases. A height of 6 feet is generally allowed on side and rear fences except in covenant 19, which is 5 feet. In all cases the MHACC has an obligation to render an approval in cases where the home owner is unsure about specifications or there is a complaint from a neighbor.
Copyright © 2011 Marine Hills Architectural Control Committee